Please note this website is intended for the Netherlands, in order to ensure compliance with local legal requirements we need to redirect you to the country you are located in.CONTINUE
IQOS 3 Multi Troubleshooting
Broken heating blade
Most cases of a broken heating blade happen when cleaning your device or inserting the tobacco stick in the device.
Also, did you know that you should never twist your tobacco stick while it is inserted in the holder? This movement can damage your heating blade.Still experiencing issues?
Device won't start
Press the button for 1 second (short press). The light didn't turned ON? Try the next steps:
Charge your device with the IQOS AC Adaptor and Cable for 10 minutes.
Repeat step 1, by pressing the button for 1 second. Still no lights? Let's do 2 more actions:
Press the button for 4 seconds and release, where the Button light and Battery status lights (at the bottom of the device) should flash.
Repeat step 1, by pressing the button for 1 second.
Lights not turning on
Let’s try the following steps to first check the Power Adaptor and USB Cable:
- Ensure that you are using an official IQOS Power Adaptor and USB-C Cable.
- Physically check your Adaptor and Cable for damage.
- If available, use a second official IQOS Power Adaptor and Cable.
We are sorry your device got damaged. If your device is within warranty and your issue is covered by our policy, we will gladly provide you with a replacement device. Please contact one of our Customer Care experts.Still experiencing issues?
Blinking red light
A blinking red light on your IQOS 3 MULTI may indicate there is an issue with the heating blade.
Please open your Holder’s cap and check the blade.
If the blade is broken, please contact one of our Customer Care experts to get the support you need.Still experiencing issues?
Blinking white light
A blinking white light on IQOS 3 MULTI button means your device is operating outside of the appropriate temperature range (0° to 50° C).
If the ambient temperature is low, try warming the device in your hand for at least 1 minute.
Otherwise, we advise you to allow some time between each experience, in order for the device to cool down.Still experiencing issues?
Battery doesn’t last 10 back to back sessions
Your device must be fully charge in order to be used for 10 back to back sessions.
Ensure that you are using an official IQOS Power Adaptor and USB-C Cable.
For a full recharge, plug the device into a power outlet* for at least 75 minutes. When device has full charge, all lights in the bottom of the device will stay solid white.
*Laptop USB ports may not have enough power to charge your device within this time period.Still experiencing issues?
Problem inserting tobacco stick
After using a tobacco stick, some tobacco residues can remain in the device. In order to remove that, follow these steps:
- Detach the IQOS 3 MULTI cap from the device by lifting it up.
- With an IQOS Cleaning Tool, clean the interior of the cap.
- Now use an IQOS Cleaning Stick and sweep the interior of the cap to remove the last bits of tobacco.
- We recommend doing the same process with the body of the device, before inserting the cap back.
Let's try the following steps:
- Reset your device: Press and hold the button for 8 seconds. All lights on the device will briefly blink white.
- Clean your device and cap with the IQOS cleaning tool and cleaning stick.
- Plug the device into a power outlet* for 20 minutes (the lid on top of the device must stay closed for charging). We recommend a full recharge, which requires at least 75 minutes. Make sure the device is turned ON, by pressing the button for 1 second and see if the lights remain ON for 3 seconds. If no lights turned ON, press and hold the button for 4 seconds and then release it.
Laptop USB ports may not have enough power to charge your device if it is completely discharged.Still experiencing issues?
Chat with our IQOS experts
for the quickest response.
Start live chat
Ask us your question,
and we'll get back to you in a minute!
DM us your questions,
and we'll get back to you in a minute!
Send us an e-mail!
We will answer
as soon as possible!
Give us a ring!
Our phone support line
connects you directly to an IQOS expert
0800 - 990 0000